On chasing the idea of love
What is love?
1. Dictionary Definition is
· a quality or feeling of strong or constant affection for and dedication to another
· attraction based on sexual desire: the strong affection and tenderness felt by lovers
· a beloved person
2. Love is experienced and defined differently for everybody
· We all know that love is relative for everybody and each definition will have varying explanations and experiences as to how a person defines love.
· When you ask people about the love you hear that it’s supposed to be unconditional, selfless, and beautiful
Is it really just love we’re chasing? Or just the idea of a perfect love that exists?
3. Maybe love isn’t just what we’re taught it is to be
· Know that there are different kinds of love that you can have and experience in this world.
· These are at least 8 kinds of them and here is each one of them and their definitions.
· Agape- Unconditional love, this is an altruistic, selfless, unconditional love. Not all can do this but this is mostly associated with God’s love for his creation.
· Eros-Romantic love, it is usually associated with romantic, passionate, and physical love. It is an expression of sexual passion and desire.
· Philia — Affectionate Love, it is the kind of love that you feel for your friends. According to Plato, this is Platonic love, a love without sexual acts
· Philautia – self-love. In our modern-day society, most people associate self-love with being narcissistic, selfish, or stuck on themselves. We cannot give to others what we don’t have. And if we don’t love ourselves, how can we truly love others? It is more like self-compassion.
· Storge can be defined as “familiar love.” This type of love looks and feels a lot like philia – affectionate love felt between friends. However, this love is more like a parent-child love.
· Pragma as “enduring love.” In other words, it’s almost the opposite of eros (sexual love). Eros tends to burn out quickly because of its passion and intensity. However, pragma is a love that has matured and developed over a long period of time.
· Ludus is known as “playful love.” However, a better way to describe it is the feeling of infatuation in the early days of romance.
· Mania is not necessarily a good type of love, because it is obsessive. It’s the type of love that can lead someone into madness, jealousy, or even anger.
Love is more than just finding a partner for life, but loving the life you have and live.
· We get so caught up in chasing the idea of a perfect partner and love that we forget to accept love in the different places of this realm and also in our experiences and the people around us.
· We all crave for that deeper connection and to be seen and heard as we are by one person. Maybe that’s for you and maybe that’s not for others. We should all respect the way each and every one of us define and understand love to be.
· In loving someone you are in danger of getting hurt, it’s imminent, and with knowing that and still choosing to love shows immeasurable strength.
· Don’t fear love, embrace it, and allow it to flow.
👍Thanks for watching! Please Like, Share & comment 👍
Listen to the full podcast – https://guerrillapodcast.com.ph
– GUERRILLA PODCAST-
You can also listen to our GUERRILLA PODCAST from the following platform:
Apple Podcasts: https://bit.ly/Apple1_podcast
Pocketcast : http://bit.ly/pocketcast_podcast
Radio public: https://bit.ly/radiopublic_podcast
Supporting this podcast: https://www.patreon.com/kangaroofern