Early-stage podcasting can be hard, no question about it. Starting a show from scratch is a challenge (I know — I’ve done it). As a newbie, you need to inherently understand that increasing listenership and audience is key to growing a podcast. As easy as it may sound, the challenges of doing this are real.
The biggest challenge for early-stage podcasters is that most don’t have a clear plan for growing their listenership and audience. They think the magic will happen on its own with simply doing good episodes.
The biggest questions now are… How can you do it? Why is the increase in listenership and engaged audience the key? What benefits do they provide? How can you monetize from it?
There is no need for questions as Mark Asquith, co-founder of Captivate.fm, has got our back! In this episode, he will share the tips and tricks about podcasting and how an early-stage podcaster can survive and thrive in the podcasting world.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over twitter @realmikosantos!
About the Guest:
Mark Asquith leads the innovation of building technology and solutions to help podcasters achieve audio influence.
He is also a Podcaster and the host of That British Podcast Guy, speaker and content marketer with a background in successful entrepreneurship, startups and building global marketing agencies.
Trusted to speak at Harvard, TEDx, Podcast Movement, FinCon, PodFest and more.
In this episode, we cover:
- “That British Podcast Guy” – How did it start?
- As an early-stage or solo podcaster, do you still have some spot in the growing podcasting industry? Mark will share his best practices on how to increase your listener engagement.
- Multiple social media vs Single social media: Which one is better when it comes to engagement?
- What can you do to improve your listernership and encourage them to share your podcasts?
- How can you monetize your podcast?
- Is email list still a thing in 2022?
- What is Captivate.fm? Mark, the co-founder, will highlight the benefits of his podcast hosting platform and how it will help a lot of podcasters.
Support the show on Patreon to continue to bring you quality content.Go Here.
Connect with Mark Asquith here:
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Get your free Harness the Power of Podcasting Ebook
- Join the Podcast Creators Society Community to connect with other Podcasters and service providers and
- Visit our Youtube and Facebook Channel for the Video version of the podcast.
- Get 30 % off for the first three months of Zencastr Professional Account. Visit https://zencastr.com/pricing?coupon=thatpodcastexchange&fpr=1s26a or Promo code: thatpodcastexchange
- Are there hurdles stopping you from growing your podcast? Want to grow your audience through podcast guesting and booking guests but are too busy for this? We got you! We offer a concierge-level podcast guest management service. We’ve done all the heavy lifting so you don’t have to. We are here to listen. Book a call with us
The Companies who support us
Help us create more interesting and valuable content by supporting our partners:Our Partners – KangarooFern Media Lab
Support our show >> https://www.patreon.com/thatpodcastexchange
Connect with Us:
As podcast creators and professionals, we believe that we are stronger together as a community.
Join our community – http://podfiestacommunity.org/
Are you looking to start your journey in podcasting but not sure how? We got you! Everything you need to know in launching and growing your podcast is here.
Sign up to access our FREE training here: http://www.kangaroofern.com/freecourse
Are there hurdles stopping you from growing your podcast?
We are here to listen. Book a call with us at www.kangaroofern.com/booknow
Help us create more interesting and valuable content by supporting our partners: Our Partners – KangarooFern Media Lab
More about That Podcast Exchange :
We invited experts who are at the top of their game to insightful conversations that deconstruct strategies to give you the tools, tactics, and tricks you need to achieve your dream goal.
This podcast is powered by Kangaroofern, Australia’s Independent Podcast Management Company.
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast!
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe so you’ll be notified when a new episode is posted in the Apple podcast, Google podcast, Spotify, Stitcher or via RSS.
If you think others could benefit from listening, please share it on your socials.
You can also subscribe to the podcast app on your mobile device.
If you found value in this episode, leave us an Apple Podcast review. Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on Apple Podcasts and expose our show to more awesome listeners like you.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a note in the comment section below!